Our Year 9 Outdoor Education days are in Week 3 & 4 this term.
A letter with information on the day has been sent home to parents and whānau. Please read the letter and fill out the permission form at the bottom.
The dates are:
Tuesday 28th February – 9N, 9P
Wednesday 1st March – 9E, 9G
Friday 3rd March – 9R, 9H
During this day each class will participate in beach activities at North New Brighton Surf Club, planting native plants in the Red Zone near Ōrua Paeroa and going on a hikoi (walk) to/from the planting area via Ascot area.
The objectives and purpose of the day are as follows:
- To introduce the concept of the “Shirley Man” and the School Values to Year 9 students,
- For Year 9’s to continue building stronger relationships within their teaching class, teachers and with senior executives from their house, and
- For students to experience Ōrua Paeroa to gain a sense of belonging to this special area.
What to wear: What to bring:
- House top – Lunch, snacks and a water bottle
- Board Shorts or similar for swimming
- PE shorts and Sunhat – Jacket and warm top
- Comfortable shoes, suitable for walking