New Campus. Same Traditions.
On the 8th of August was our popular Father & Son Breakfast.
Boys and their fathers/caregivers gathered early in our Café to enjoy breakfast followed by a presentation in the Small Theatre.
This year we were fortunate to have SBHS Old Boy, Mike Pero at the breakfast who gave a talk on his colourful life story and the lessons learnt along the way.
Mike shared some key points that he has learned over the years:
- If it is to be it’s up to me
- Not to believe everything I read, hear or see
- What goes around comes around
- Not all that glitters is “gold”
- Practice makes perfect – repetition
- Perception is reality
- It’s not what I earn, it’s what I save that matters.
Mike’s speech was full of useful information and advice. He provided us with notes from the speech to reflect on.
You can view the notes below.
Huge thanks to Mike and the rest involved in the breakfast!
By Blake Wells
- what I have learned… PDF, 8.2 MB